"The soul of God is poured into the world through the thoughts of men." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Day Nineteen

Pretend to be a secret agent. No one can know. This Book was a pretext to get in touch with you. Your government needs you. Don't look up now, they are watching. Meet at 13:00 today outside work. Wave at the gray car. It will pick you up and take you to the secret redenzvous. Good luck. P.S. Tear this page out and swallow it.

I should preface the following by stating that if you read this post you will be killed...
I started the day by listening to "Secret Agent Man" by Johnny Rivers to get in the mood. I also donned a mask, but I couldn't find a wig. At 13:00 hours, I went outside to wave to the gray car. They waved pleasantly, but did not stop. A second gray car passed several minutes later. Again, a friendly return wave, but they did not come back for me. I went out into the middle of the street, to force the issue. When I saw the next gray car approaching, I jumped out in front of it. It came screeching to a halt, and I waved. This driver was not as friendly as the previous two. Then, a police car came onto the scene. Knowing that the lowly local cops are not often included in "Federal Business" I knew I needed to escape. I darted off the road and barrel rolled into some shrubbery. Unfortunately, I landed on my keys. That really hurts.

No comments: