"The soul of God is poured into the world through the thoughts of men." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, November 14, 2008

Day Eight

Addiction free day. Your body is your temple. Cut out addictive substances for the day and see how much purer you feel.

I will admit, in my "born to be mild" weekday existence, my body is already pretty pure, sustancewise. I don't smoke, and I don't drink coffee an it wasn't hard to avoid alcohol at work. I normally spend my weekend ingesting mass quantities of red bull and add a few beers here or there, so I use the first few days of the week to "purge toxins" in a very pseudo-zen manner that basically involves a lot of fiber and cleanses.

With that being said...I abstained from the few "addictions" I do have (caffine, chocolate, red bull, bad reality shows), and I don't feel like a better person.

Oh well....

No comments: