"The soul of God is poured into the world through the thoughts of men." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, November 17, 2008

Day Eleven

Today, introduce yourself to someone you know but never speak to.

The transcript of this conversation between me and a woman from the office next door, as it occured in the copy room in the afternoon.

Me: Hello, I'm Jami.
Her: Hi.
Me: Making copies, huh?
Her: Yes.
Me: How's that working out for you?
Her: What?
Me: The copies.
Her: What about it?
Me: It never stops.
Her: What?
Me: Work. What if it did?
Her: Well, I suppose that would be pretty bad...(starting to back away)
Me: As bad as madcow?
Her: What are you talking about?
Me: Work. Madcow disease.
Her: Okay, I'm going to leave.
Me: But you didn't answer my question.
Her: What was that?
Me: How's that working out for you?
Her: What!?
Me: The copies.
Her: Fine. (Turns and walks away)
Me: Glad to hear it.

No comments: