"The soul of God is poured into the world through the thoughts of men." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, November 07, 2008

Day One

As this was the first day, the authors suggested I "warm up with an easy task that will only change your life a little bit." I found several suggestions, along with the idea that if I wanted to really dive in headfirst I should turn to a random page and do what it says. In the interest of keeping each of the 365 days of this program original but not easing too slowly into my new life, I accomplished several of the tasks on this list. The tasks I completed, in no particular order...

-Do one press-up: I am assuming this means push-up. Done.
-Jaywalk in a pedestrian zone: Color me bad, as in badass!
-Whisper a white lie when no one's listening: Hint-it rhymes with stethoscope.
-Fantasize about your partner: Oh yeah...
-Say "Yo" instead of "hello": I do this regularly anyway, to keep people on their toes.
-Bookmark a new website: Here it is.
-Go on a one minute hunger strike: I went on strike to protest the lack of snack packs in my office. Lame.
-Choose which of your toes is the prettiest: Left foot, fourth toe.

See you tomorrow...

No comments: