"The soul of God is poured into the world through the thoughts of men." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

with God as my metronome....

what is it about a drum beat?
every time that sound hits me it's like a call to action.
everyone knows that drummers are the back bone to a band.
with every beat, the drummer keeps the tempo and sets the tone...much like a metronome.
i played a song over and over about 46 times today. it starts off with a slow sweet acoustic guitar, but when that drum beat begins, something in me flips upside down.
i used to wonder why snare drums led the troops into battle......
it was revealed to me today when i didn't want to be hearing from God.
i was upset, grumpy, and stewing in my own self-pity.
bum-bum-bum-bum-bum-bum
like a heart beat. steady. never off cue.
God is reminding me that he is my metronome.
bum-bum-bum-bum-bum-bum
he never rests.
the drum sparks passion in me.
there's something about a drum......


oh God, God, God. please don't stop leading me and keeping me in time. i can't do this alone....i can't, i just can't. i need you. please....

No comments: