"The soul of God is poured into the world through the thoughts of men." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, August 13, 2006

a theory...

So, a few months ago, I cleaned out my bookmarks and removed all the news sites I used to read. Reading the news all the time was really cutting into my feeling-good-about-humanity reserves, what with constant bad news about crappy people all the freaking time. Also, I was pretty tired about reading news blogs that would go into panics every single day about every single news item, like collectively hyperventilating would really do anything about the situation in the Middle East (or anywhere else for that matter.) So, no more internet news for me, I like to keep my crippling anxiety to a minimum.
Now when I am on the internet, I look at gossip blogs instead of news sites. I don't even watch TV or movies that often, or listen to pop music or any of that stuff, but I still read them. Where as before, my brain was teeming with images of tortured Iraqi prisoners and suffering children, I have now replaced about 60% of those images with ones of Fergie peeing her pants. I feel a lot better, it has worked out better than that one time I was on Zoloft.
The big thing on a lot of these sites is Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' baby. Everyone is very mad that they can't look at it. Very very mad. Some people are talking like maybe there is something wrong with it, or maybe it ran away already or something. I came up with my own theory.
I don't' think the baby ever existed at all. I don't think the baby ever existed because I think Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are the same person.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now look at this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Uh-huh. Just think about it... You never see them in the same place, do you?

2 comments:

The Hosh said...

that is the most insane thing I have ever heard. but stranger things have happened.

The Hosh said...

put some links on here would you?