"The soul of God is poured into the world through the thoughts of men." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

lovely...

I received a lovely email today. I'll share:

"
There are always things that make me think of things, and the things that make me think of things are normally pretty great things. But the things that they make me think of can go either way. Sometimes things make me think of things that make me feel great. Sometimes things make me think of things that make me feel terrible.

I'm not sure what made me think of you today. Could be the weather, somehow. Could have been a song, something I saw on the floor, the exact height of the sun as I woke up. I don't know. But you got in my head, and i think you wanted to hang out there for awhile, because you brought a tent.

And that made me think of how you are, and it made me think that maybe something is wrong, or that something is great.
Sometimes I get the feeling that when I think about someone they can hear me, and maybe we can have a conversation. And then I get the feeling that when I randomly think of someone, it's because they're trying to think of me. But I doubt that's the case. It's just nice to think about.
And sometimes I get the feeling that if I randomly think of someone, it probably means something is happening to them, something that's making a spike in my thoughts of them. Maybe you were on a roller coaster and got really excited. Maybe you found a hundred dollars. Maybe you were in a car accident. Maybe something made you cry. I don't know.

The seasons are changing, and that always trips me out a little. The monsoons might come early this year.

Sometimes I drive and wish I was just driving out in the middle of nowhere. Sometimes the right song comes on and makes me wish I was on a long road trip, like on the road in New Mexico somewhere. Sometimes there's a fiddle in a song, or a harmonica, and I wish I could be driving again, with no one else on the road. And I wish, sometimes, that you were there. The phantom limb itch that makes me just want to drive really far, watching the sun drop low, making a trail. Sometimes I just want to escape, not necessarily getting anywhere, but headed somewhere.
"

No comments: