"The soul of God is poured into the world through the thoughts of men." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

low maintanance

i am one of the most low-maintanance people ever.


i don't wear makeup too often. i don't shave my legs too often. my hair is straight enough that i don't have to do anything to it ever. i don't love buying clothes. pretty much i don't care what people think i look like.


the thing is, i am horrible at waking up early. so my project for the last three days has been trying to streamline my morning routine so i can look presentable in ten minutes flat.


i have my shower routine down to a little more than 5 minutes. i get in, wash my hair, rinse, put conditioner in, soap up and rinse the conditioner out of my hair, wash my face real fast, and get the heck out. i comb my hair enough so is not all knotted up, and brush my teeth. the end.


i want to get 12 plain tshirts in 12 different colors. then get a pair of shoes i won't have to wear socks with. i have one pair of jeans that i love to wear so i can start wearing the same jeans everyday, and wear a different tshirt and my sockless shoes. i won't have to take time to figure out what to wear. i won't have to find a pair of socks, or smell a bunch of socks to pick out a clean pair. i will never ever have to think about clothes again.


i am the champion. i am super-efficient. i am a getting-ready machine. all you suckers, taking 20 minutes to get ready, putting gel or some crap in you hair. YOU ARE SUCKERS. THAT IS TIME YOU WILL NEVER GET BACK. if you shave ten minutes off your getting ready thing, at the end of the month you will have THREE HUNDRED MINUTES. you could knit a scarf or paint a picture. you could exercise for ten minutes every day instead of picking some zit or putting lipstick on (which nobody notices anyway), and that would give you YEARS more time, since you won't die when you're 58.


me, i am just going to use that time to sleep an extra 15 minutes.

1 comment:

chrism said...

Wow. I have little else to say. Sounds like you have getting ready down to a science. I shower in about five minutes, but I don't rush myself out the door like I used to. I find that if I push myself on time in the morning then I drive really impatiently and become impatient and self-centered. I try to avoid doing things at the last minute for the same reason. Just the other day I felt like I was being a jerk to my family because I had to do a ton of homework and I didn't spend any time with them all day. My dad came in my room when I was working and I was kind of short with him because I didn't want to get distracted.