"The soul of God is poured into the world through the thoughts of men." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, April 21, 2008

fanatic?

fanatic
One entry found.

fanatic

Main Entry: fa·nat·ic
Pronunciation: \fə-ˈna-tik\
Variant(s): or fa·nat·i·cal \-ti-kəl\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin fanaticus inspired by a deity, frenzied, from fanum temple — more at feast
Date: 1550
: marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion.

I'm very cautious as to what exactly in my life I would label myself a "fanatic" over.

Then...it happened...
I was forced to do so.

If you know me and have spent more than 20 seconds with me, you will know one thing as truth.

I AM A BASEBALL FANATIC!

(and proud of it)


ME: check
FAVORITE PLAYER T-SHIRT: check
FENWAY PARK: check

Obsessive
Main Entry: ob·ses·sive
Pronunciation: \äb-ˈse-siv, əb-\
Function: adjective
Date: 1901
1 a: tending to cause obsession b: excessive often to an unreasonable degree

Pretty sure that I can be considered obsessive at times.

My friend Chris did travel with me to Boston last fall JUST to see my favorite player play at Fenway (and no...he's not a Red Sock. :) )
Chris likes to call me delusional.

BASEBALL 2008 GOAL:
-I am attempting to see at least one game every week the entire season!


Yes I have tickets to see Joe ALL THREE games in May...yes I have already flown to KCMO to see Joe play last weekend...AND YES I'll be making a pilgrimage back to Minneapolis to see him in August!

It's going to be a great season! :)

1 comment:

The Hosh said...

this is a great post. you are an obsessed fanatic.